- Reporting to CEO
- Reports include Office Administrators, Junior Accountant
- Interacts with Country Leads, external suppliers
Structure Nomanini's accounting and finance function for stable growth
1. Produce timely and accurate accounting records and reports - 25%
- Oversee the maintenance of good accounting records in Xero.
- Draw up and distribute management accounts as well as hold calls with the executive team and directors monthly.
- Produce unqualified, audited AFS within 120 days of the end of the financial year.
2. Company secretarial work and corporate structuring work - 20%
- Implement “policy governance model” starting from the board of directors.
- Manage calendar of secretarial events for group entities.
- Ensure all secretarial work for companies and employee share trust is professionally and accurately prepared, recorded and filed (prepare reports, maintain resolution and minutes book as well as share registers).
- Incorporate entities in the group and timeously comply with all reporting deadlines to all authorities.
3. Maintain good internal controls - 25%
- Implement bottom-up budgeting in 2019 for use from 2020 as well as establishing an independent and robust financial control process for the management of expenditure.
- Forecast financials quarterly including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts.
- Forecast cash runway monthly and effectively manage treasury funds.
- Implement a rigorous performance management process at the executive level, linked to material bonuses.
4. Protect the company from known commercial risks - 20%
- Implement a risk framework across the company.
- Ensure that the company’s legal agreements protect the company from commercial risk, are practical and managed (NDAs, employment, supplier, client contracts, etc.).
- Ensure that short term insurance policies adequately cover the company; and Nomanini has identified and developed succession plans for key roles.
5. Ensure that Nomanini is prepared for the next RFP, fund raise or a liquidity event - 10%
- Establish a living data room and be ready for due diligence and update it semi-annually.
- Work with the CEO on fund-raising and the Chief Revenue Officer on commercial projects.
- Keep investors, current and potential updated on progress.
- Undergraduate degree in business as well as qualified Chartered Accountant qualification or equivalent with strong operational experience with IFRS (or GAAP).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a finance function within a complex multi-national corporation and/or a well regarded finance and accounting organization.
- A history of taking ownership while working in a collaborative environment to solve problems.
- Demonstrated past success at creating or significantly upgrading process in the accounting and finance function
- Demonstrated experience of managing legal entity accountabilities, including accountability for reporting and liaison.
- Industry comparable salary based on experience
- Growth opportunity to take full ownership of the finance and accounting processes
- Opportunity to participate in Employee Share Trust